Friday, January 22, 2010

The paintings you see here were compiled on the floor , in a room at the Mountain View Hotel in New Hampshire. I was on a shoot and knew I wanted to be making something . I had been cutting up paper bags and putting them into small bundles and wrapping them with the handles from the bags.  An obsessive compulsion to ward off idleness. 
So, with a stock of bundles of bags, I melted the wax mixture and proceeded to dip each piece into the wax. Then I plastered over the wax and sanded it down. This is the point at which I packed them up and brought them to NH. Along with WhiteOut, glue sticks and sharpies.  

3 comments:

diane wiencke said...

You can see all these paintings at Nahcotta Gallery in Portsmouth, New Hampshire as part of the ETA7 show

tangled sky studio said...

i love your work diane. the colors are so rich and really draw you in.....did you say you dipped the bags in wax...very interesting.

senorton said...

i really love this series!

Post a Comment