Saturday, November 20, 2010

hellohellohellohellohello.....I think I like this one. In this size or maybe this size or maybe times, yes , this is much better.

Welcome yellow, so way not mellow! Below are some new pieces based on the journal experiments I have been messing with all term. First, my mentor, Jill Slosberg-Ackerman, loved those little books and wondered why my paintings were so disparate. She suggested I just work on the books for a bit, which I did. I disassembled one and created the 36x48 painting which is somewhere below...way down. Maybe that was a mistake, I don't really know. My next assignment was to scan and print out a few pages from the journal and use those as the basis for a new body. Which I did. What you see here is the continuing evolution of those pages. I am beginning to feel alright about them.





No comments:

Post a Comment